Monday, May 16, 2011

Days 12-16 and Wedding


Honestly, I have a cracking point quite often. There are times that I just need to cry, because I am constantly reminded of how difficult life can be. When I do start feeling sorry for myself, I tend to feel guilty for feeling that way anyways! So, long story short, there is no single cracking point for me. It just happens from time to time. I snap out of it and get back to living and enjoying the life that I have been blessed with. I just have to remember that I have been dealt these cards for a reason, and there are a lot of people who deal with a lot worse. 

Cystic Fibrosis involves way too many big words. Most of those are words I don't even know anything about yet. I tend to only research things as I need to. If I sit around and think about all the bugs I can catch and how sick I might get in the future, I will just get depressed and worried. I don't see the point in all of that. I can tell you that Cystic Fibrosis is a difficult thing for a lot of kids to say which is why a lot of times, you will hear it called 65 Roses. Tobramycin is an antibiotic used to fight infections. Pulmozyme is one that I have mentioned before, and it is one of my inhaled medications. The list of big words could go on, but let's face it, big words are boring! :)

This one doesn't really fit me... so we'll just move on to day 15.

Eldon will be happy to tell you about how many weird things I say or do when I am beyond tired. I can't think of any good examples right now.

Luckily, I haven't had to be admitted to the hospital since 2009! That's awesome, and kind of unheard of in the CF world at my age. I am thankful for it, because the last time I was in the hospital, they had to take blood cultures. For whatever reason, they have to do that in 2 different sticks. Because I had pneumonia, I was dehydrated, and they had a very difficult time even getting any blood from me at all. After poking and digging for what seemed like forever, she finally finished. She turned to put the containers in their places and dropped one shattering the glass and spilling it all over the floor. Oops.... guess we have to try again. I looked like I had been beat with all of my bruises up and down my arms.

The pharmacy is a huge problem for me. First of all, they never have my medications in stock, so I have to make sure that I order them with plenty of time to spare. Lately, the issue has been all of my medications being on back order. So even though I call them in a week or so before I actually need them, I still don't actually get them in time.


On another note, the wedding is in 12 days!!! So many exciting things going on the next couple of weeks. But here is a picture I haven't shared yet. This is what Eldon's groom cake will look like. You can tell that it's definitely his cake. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment