Sunday, April 8, 2018

Same Numbers... Different Appointment

So I'm behind on writing this post. I had my CF clinic appointment on Wednesday at Vanderbilt, and as is pretty usual for me, I have been feeling crummy with extra congestion and lots of coughing. Just like in January, my lung function was back down to 32%. The difference between the two appointments was that I was mentally prepared for this one. I knew my lung function was low, and I already had a game plan in mind to discuss with my doctor.

First things first, he asked me about antibiotics. After a brief discussion, I let him know that I would rather hold off on antibiotics if at all possible. I hate going on antibiotics because they always tear up my stomach and bring up more issues on top of what they are trying to fix. My doctor agreed to let me wait a little longer before going that route since everything else seemed to be going alright. My weight has been steady, my lungs sounded good, I've been working every day, working out 4 days a week, and playing kickball 2 nights a week.

I also brought up the fact that for a couple days before my appointment, I had started squeezing in a third breathing treatment during my plan time at work. I asked if we could tweak my prescription for hypertonic saline so that I could continue with the extra treatments and not run out of medicine too early. He seemed to be impressed with my plan and said that he would fix my prescription.

Finally, we discussed Symdeko. We talked about the fact that I haven't seen any real improvements from Orkambi and about what Symdeko has to offer for those that fit this category. We both decided that it would be a good opportunity for me to make the switch. The only obstacle would be getting my insurance to approve it since a lot of companies have been denying it for patients. The next morning, I got a call from the CF pharmacist letting me know that my insurance had already approved Symdeko for me! Luckily, they had a box in stock and would send it right away. I took my first dose Saturday morning. All good vibes, thoughts, prayers that it will be more effective for me than Orkambi are greatly appreciated. I will keep everybody posted on how things go.

4 comments:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis,Shingles, Als,Diabetes,Epilepsy,Infertility, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

    ReplyDelete