Sunday, January 21, 2018

Being Sick is a Bummer

I know you have all seen posts (many shared by me) about why it is so important to stay home if you are sick, but I wanted to share my personal reasons for saying this. The last week of school, I caught a head cold... It was just a stuffy nose with lots of sneezing. No big deal right? Wrong. About a week went by with not much change until all of the sudden, I noticed my lungs getting tighter and my cough becoming wetter. I called my doctor to let them know that I thought this head cold had traveled and settled into my lungs. They called in an antibiotic that is known to cause muscle and tendon tears. That meant that not only was I not feeling well, I would have to really lay off my workouts on top of it.

After about a week, I was starting to feel better, and I was pumped! I thought I had kicked this little infection, and things were looking up. Soon, my lungs started to feel more junky and congested again, and I was feeling pretty miserable. Fast forward to January 3rd when I went to my CF clinic appointment, and my lung function had dropped significantly. Bring on 2 more weeks of antibiotics. That next week, I went to work one day, but I left feeling worse and completely drained. I made the choice to take the next 3 days off to rest and hide from all the germs running rampant in schools right now.

The extra rest helped a lot, and I started to feel more like myself. The next week, we ended up having 3 snow days, and I only had to teach 1 day. So again, there was a lot of resting and taking things easy. I have since finished up my antibiotics and had a follow up PFT. My lung function had gone up to 38% which was much better than a couple weeks before.

The problem is that I am still not back to 100% myself. I'm still working to dig myself out of this hole all because I caught a simple cold over a month ago. What seems like nothing to the average person, can be life threatening and serious to those of us who have other health issues to deal with. So I beg of you... if you are sick, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, whatever, please stay home and/or make every effort to stop the spread of your germs. I am terrified of catching the flu, and I am doing everything I can on my side of things to keep that from happening. Please do your part to help also!


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog. Greetings from another CF transplant patient. Stay strong and keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my name is Promise dickson Finch am from Texas USA. I want to share a testimony of how Dr. OLU herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr. OLU. herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than two weeks of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have weak erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. You can contact him via (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) You can contact him today and get your problem solved.Call +2348140654426 .." or you can also contact him through his what-app +238140654426







    ReplyDelete
  5. Your article is accurate and I benefit. I have read many articles, but I found a lot of ideas in this article.Read more about the surprising profile of idle clicker gamers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment.
    I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog,
    Get Free Robux

    ReplyDelete