Thursday, February 14, 2019

What I want people to understand about their choice to go to work sick…



Everyone is aware that if you are sick, you can pass it along to others. What people don’t think about is how that affects those of us who have a weakened immune system. For you all, if you get sick, you feel pretty terrible for a week or so, and then you move on… no big deal. As a teacher, I totally understand that calling out of work can be more work than actually going. I get it. You have to get a sub, make lesson plans, remember to write down when each student has somewhere they have to go, write down all the details of a day that you just do without even thinking, and so on. So, teachers are the worst about going to work even when they are under the weather.
IV antibiotics that had to be infused every 8 hours.

Now that being said, when you are at work with your contagious germs, you are putting my life at risk. It may sound like I’m being dramatic, but staying healthy is a huge challenge for me as it is, without extra viruses or bacteria taking over. I have been able to stay away from the flu thanks to the flu shot (Don’t get me started on the arguments against the flu shot.)  for most of my adult like with one exception.

Christmas 2012: feeling horrible but pretending I'm ok. 
I caught the flu in 2012. Instead of being down for about a week or two, it took me around 3 months to start to feel back to my normal. I lost 14 pounds which is a huge deal for someone with cystic fibrosis. The August before this, I had 60% lung function… it dropped to 41%, and I haven’t seen 60% since then. My lungs were permanently damaged. I missed a lot of school that year… it would have been more if my sickness hadn’t been partially during winter break. I had to do IV antibiotics for 2 weeks. Then I was put on an oral antibiotics and prednisone for 2 more weeks, but it was still 2 months before I started to see any real improvements in my lung function.

Now the flu and other viruses are spreading around our district like wildfire. I’m truly scared of catching either. Yesterday, I wore a mask at work because I know there are multiple people at school who are sick. With the threat of more being there today, I chose to take the rest of the week off to hide from all of the germs. I can’t risk my life to be with my students, and it breaks my heart that I can’t be there with them.

So I just encourage you whether you are a teacher or not, think about what your choice to go to work sick means for the people around you. Do you have someone at your work that has suppressed immunity or is especially vulnerable to getting sick? If you must go to work, please make sure to take precautions to not spread it those people. Use the CF rule… stay at least 6 feet away, and wipe down things you touch that they may come into contact with.

3 comments:

  1. my name is Promise dickson Finch am from Texas USA. I want to share a testimony of how Dr. OLU herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr. OLU. herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than two weeks of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have weak erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. You can contact him via (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) You can contact him today and get your problem solved.Call +2348140654426 .." or you can also contact him through his what-app +238140654426

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello everyone, my name is Alfreed siang  i am here to say a big thank you to my doctor DR OLU who helped me enlarge my penis.i have never had a happy relationship in my life because of my inability to perform well due to my small penis, due to frustration,i went online in search of solution to ending my predicament and than i came across testimony on how DR OLU has helped them, so i contacted him and he promised to help me with penis enlargement,i doubted at first but i gave him a trial and he sent me the product which i used according to his prescription and in less than a week,i saw changes in my penis and it grow to the size i wanted and since then,i am now a happy man and no lady complains again about my penis.if you also need the services of my doctor,you can also contact him on his email..drolusolutionhome@gmail.com   or his whataspp is +2348140654426

























      Delete
  2. Great blog!
    Breath For Breath began when the founder had a difficult time breathing during a particularly heavy wildfire season and realized that a high quality air mask was essential. Thick ashy pollution darkened the air. Many local stores run out of air masks and people were wearing the wrong kind of mask, thus harming their health further.

    ReplyDelete