Sunday, September 11, 2011

Labor Day Weekend and Such...

This is a little late, but better late than never. :) For Labor Day weekend, Eldon and I went back to Knoxville to spend some much needed time with friends and family. We met up with friends both Friday and Saturday and listened to the Tennessee game on the radio with my family. (We don't believe in Pay Per View for a football game.... too expensive. The radio is free!)

On Sunday, Knoxville puts on a huge fireworks show called Boomsday, and it is always awesome! Eldon and I go every year with his family, but this year was a little different due to the weather. We met up for dinner and spent some time with them, but then we went to sit in the rain to watch the show without them. A few friends and my sister sat with us, and it turned out to be a great night even with the rain. Here's a little video of the fireworks set to one of my favorites!

Speaking of the weather, it has been really hard on me lately. The drastic change from 100 degree weather and weeks of no rain to 60-70 degree weather and a solid 3 days of rain sent my sinuses into turmoil. I lost my voice and have been going through tissues like nobody's business. Now that the weather has calmed down a little bit, my nose is slowing down, but it has been a week long process. So if it all continues to improve, I am hopefully going to start working out again tomorrow. My next CF clinic appointment is at the end of October, and I have high hopes for my lung function. I've got to keep working at it, or I'm going to be let down. I would love to see 60, but we'll see. I was at 50 in July, so I have set a pretty hefty goal. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment