Thursday, April 21, 2011

Too hopeful????

All of my CF life... since I was 6, I have heard the word cure thrown around, but I never truly thought there would be one. I mean, Cystic Fibrosis is a huge part of my life, and researchers just keep piling on the medicines and treatments I have to do in order to keep myself as healthy as possible. We raise money to find a cure, but in my mind, I have only ever pictured the new treatments that come from the donations. I have never thought that I would see a cure. I did think that if they did find one, it would be long past my time here. I think that by keeping my hopes in check, I was saving myself the disappointment of not seeing a cure.

Now, there is all of this news about the research that is going on, and against my wishes, my hope has sky rocketed. They are saying that they know what my faulty gene does, and they have an idea how to make it work properly. What does that really mean? I don't know. It gives me a lot of hope that maybe I will get to see a cure. It's difficult, because I am excited about what the future holds for those of us with this disease, but then again, I don't want to be let down! And before I got into blogging and CysticLife, I wasn't exposed to all of the new information  as much. Now, I see it everyday, and I can't help but jump for joy anytime good news and my genotype are mentioned in the same sentence. I guess you could say that I have some major mixed feelings on the whole thing. I'm just praying that I will get the privilege to experience what it is like to have a cure.

On the same line of thinking, it makes me want to go crazy raising money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I made my goal for fundraising $1000. I have raised $785, and I would greatly appreciate it if you made a donation no matter how small! Help me meet my goal! :) Help researchers find a cure or even more treatments! If you would like to donate, just click here. Thank you so much! If you are not in a position to make a donation, prayers are welcome as well! We definitely need them. You can also help just by passing on my story and the link to my donation page. Any help whatsoever is helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment