Sunday, February 23, 2014

Trip to Vandy

Last Wednesday was my clinic appointment. As most of you all know, I have been working very hard to keep up with my treatments. My resolution for this year was to be 100% compliant (or as one of my friends says, 100% victorious) in 2014. So far, so good! I'm now up to day 54! I've also been doing some weight lifting to gain some muscle mass so that I can have some weight that is more difficult to lose.

My hard work is paying off so far. I gained 3.6 pounds, and my lung function was exactly the same as it was 3 months ago! That might not sound so great, but I'm counting it as a huge victory after last year. As many of you know, last December, I came down with the flu, and it was really awful. I lost about 10 pounds, and my lung function dropped about 14%. The fact that I have maintained my lung function through this winter is a wonderful thing! Now that I have made it through the most difficult time to stay healthy, I can concentrate on trying to improve my lung function. Long story short, I'm thrilled with my results from Wednesday, and I am hopeful for what's to come the rest of this year.

In other news, my husband and I are in the process of buying our first house! We are so excited and nervous about the whole process, but it has been a long time coming. We are ready to have our own place that we can put work into and make perfect for us. I also had my third evaluation of the year a couple of weeks ago! That means I only have one more to go. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone!

Finally, it's that time of year again... The Great Strides walk is quickly approaching, so be on the lookout for my fundraising to start in the very near future. I've got a lot of work to do, and we have some hefty goals for the walk.

Happy Sunday! I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment