Sunday, March 3, 2013

Martinis and Movies

This weekend was amazing! I got the opportunity to speak at a Cystic Fibrosis Foundation event. It's called Martinis and Movies, and it is a black tie event. It was beautiful and so much fun to dress up. That's not something I normally get to do. I got a dress and shoes and even curled my hair! If you know me at all, you know that last part is a pretty big deal.

My husband, Eldon and I at Martinis and Movies.
The program started with this video:

Me giving my speech.
Immediately following the video, I began speaking. I introduced myself and gave a very short little bit about myself. I pointed out that like Keith and Kennedy in the video, I am still waiting on a miracle. I also got to share the amazing news about Vertex's new drug combination that will benefit me. To refresh your memory of that story, just click here. My part ended with me reminding everyone that I am a face of CF who lives here in this community.


My little speech was followed by a fellow CFer who is on Kalydeco, and she spoke a little about how it has changed her life. Finally, the best friend of a CFer who just received a lung transplant spoke and asked for everyone to make a "bid for a cure." From the donations alone, almost $14,000 was raised! The whole event raised over $50,000! I'd say that's a successful evening! I am so thankful that I got to be a part of such a wonderful event.



My adorable parents all dressed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment