Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Amazing Things

-->
Lately, I feel like life has been treating me ridiculously well! I fell so blessed! To begin with, I am on day 10 of being 100% compliant with my treatments. I’m also working out as much as I can at the gym and at home. I’m making sure to do a little bit of everything including cardio and strength. I’m on the road to higher weight and lung function!

Yesterday, at work, I had my final evaluation. It was unannounced and slightly stressful, but I am finished with evaluations for the rest of the year! We have two unannounced and two announced throughout the year, and I am so thankful to have all of my evaluations for my first year of teaching behind me!

Finally, Vertex (the company that gave us Kalydeco), announced yesterday they will be starting Phase 3 of their trials of Kalydeco and VX-809 together. The trials are being done with cystic fibrosis patients who have two copies of the DF508 mutation (the most common mutation in those of us with disease). I just happen to have the double copy of that mutation! They have said that if everything goes well, they hope to send it to the FDA for approval in 2014! I could not be more excited about this news and what it could mean for my future as well as thousands of others with the same mutation! This is why I work so hard to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation every year.

With all of that being said, I am starting my fundraising campaign. If you are interested in making a donation to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, just click on the link below. I will also be selling t-shirts once again. If you would like to order a t-shirt, just let me know what size you need. I charge $20 a shirt. The more that are ordered, the cheaper they are. So any extra money I get from the shirt orders, will go straight to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The shirts come in sizes YXS to 3XL.



 If you would like to read more about the Vertex announcement, just click on the links below.


No comments:

Post a Comment