Saturday, July 28, 2012

It's been 2 months.... Oops!

Wow... It's been a couple months since I have posted anything! I apologize for that. Life has been very crazy. I have been gearing up for this school year and finally being a teacher. For those of you who don't know, I am going to be teaching 4th grade at my dream school in Knoxville this year. The craziness has come from the fact that I have been living about 2 1/2 hours away from Knoxville in Murfreesboro. That's where I went to college, and my husband is still going to school there. He won't be graduating with his degree in teaching until December. So there has been a lot of transitioning going on in my life. I have moved back in with my parents while Eldon has moved into a tiny one bedroom apartment in the Boro. We will be doing a little bit of long distance marriage which will be fun, but we had 3 years of long distance dating before we got married. We've had a lot of practice with it.

In teaching news, I went to a 2 day new teacher training Thursday and Friday of this week. It was long and very informational. I left feeling very excited and slightly overwhelmed, but I think that's to be expected when starting a new job with so many responsibilities. My classroom has been cleaned and is now cleared for me to go in. I will be going there Monday morning and finally start to set up my classroom! I am so excited about that! I've been waiting for it all summer! :)

With all of the stuff I have been doing this summer, I have to admit that I have not been doing everything I can to keep myself healthy. That being said, I have been a lot better than I used to be. Now that I am settled in again, I plan to pick my schedule back up. It's going to be hard with all of the things I will be doing, but I am going to pull it off! I'm hoping that my slacking doesn't hurt my lung function too much, but I will find out the damage this week. I have my clinic appointment Wednesday. We'll see how it goes, but no matter what the outcome of my PFT, I am still going to have the same attitude about what I need to do. The only person responsible for my health is me, and if I fail, I let a lot of people down. I have a lot to stay healthy for.

So that's just a brief update on life right now. There will be a lot more posts in the coming weeks, because there will be a lot of changes in my life.

Thanks for reading! :) Happy Saturday! Enjoy the Olympics!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see pictures of your classroom! When is your first day of school? I'm excited to know another first-year-teacher-cyster! We both need to push/remind each other to keep up our treatments while going through this crazy first year of teaching. :)
    Good luck with your PFTs on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first day with students is August 14th! We will keep each other accountable! :)

    ReplyDelete