Friday, February 3, 2012

And the Fund Raising Begins

It is that time of year again. I am beginning my fund raising for the Knoxville Great Strides walk benefiting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. 2011 was a very successful year for the walk in Knoxville. A total of $108,000 was raised, and the goal for 2012 is $125,000. My team raised $6,105 in 2011, and I have set the goal for this year at $7,000. I can't reach that goal without your help. If you would like to contribute to my goal, just click on the link below or on the link to the left.


When you make a donation, almost 90 cents of every dollar go straight to funding research to find new medicines and treatments, and hopefully, one day, a cure. There have been huge steps forward lately in the fight against cystic fibrosis, and that has a lot to do with all of the donations that have been so generously given. Last year was the first year that there were more adults alive with CF than children. That's huge!!! That means that because of all the innovative treatments now available to those with the disease, we are living longer. Also, just this week, a new drug that treats the actual cause of cystic fibrosis instead of just the symptoms. It is called Kalydeco, and it is truly a first. Kalydeco only benefits about 4% of people with CF which I am unfortunately not a part of. Researchers are working on a combination of Kalydeco and another drug to treat those who have the most common mutation.... ME!

Every donation is greatly appreciated, and no amount is too small!

Last year, my team had 10 people at the walk, but I would love to see that number increase! You don't have to donate or raise money to be a part of my team. Everyone is welcome! If you are interested in joining me at the walk, let me know, and I can send you some more information.

If you are interested in joining my team and raising money, just click on the donate now link to go to my donation page. Then you click on join my team, and it will guide you through registering and setting a fund raising goal.

Finally, I am ordering shirts for my team this year. I am charging $20 for them, and any money left over after paying for them will go straight to CF. I will be ordering them at the end of March, so if you are interested in getting one, let me know. Here is what they look like.



I hope everyone has had a wonderful Friday! Have a great weekend, and enjoy the Super Bowl! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment