Monday, August 29, 2016

Nerves...

Nerves... That would be the best one word description of what is going on with me this week. I go back to CF clinic on Wednesday, and I am more nervous than usual. Why? Not only will I be doing my quarterly pulmonary function tests, but I will be doing the second two hour fasting glucose tolerance test of this year. This test is normally a yearly thing that goes along with clinic, but in May, my numbers were too high which made my doctors believe that I now have cystic fibrosis related diabetes (CFRD). Needless to say, I do not want bad news, but I will figure out how to handle it if that is what happens.

Nerves are really something that comes along with the territory with cystic fibrosis though. There have been countless times that I have been worried or nervous about one thing or another with my health whether it be lung function numbers, lung pain, getting sick, or whatever else may cross my path. It can be difficult to deal with these things, and I think that is one of the big reasons that I try not to think to much about the negative possibilities with this disease. I choose to live for today and try to be the best version of me possible. I use that in every aspect of my life as well, and that is why I tend to go with the flow in everything. I don't freak out and stress when something changes at work. I try not to let little things get me flustered because, in the end, it's just not worth it. There are so many other things to deal with without sweating the small stuff.

Anyways, even though I'm not stressing about small stuff, I am definitely nervous about Wednesday. All I can do is hope for the best though. I have done everything in my power to stay healthy, and right now, there is nothing else to do. All the same, positive thoughts are welcome. :)

1 comment:

  1. Praying for a positive outcome because honestly positive thoughts are worthless but prayers are powerful. God is powerful. He can take away all worry. I've been living with cystic fibrosis for 36 years now and cfrd for 20 of those years and God is the only solid, peaceful answer.

    ReplyDelete