Sunday, December 7, 2014

Apprehensions

As many of you know, I have been working incredibly hard to improve my lung function and overall health. I have been 100% compliant with my breathing treatments for 341 days now. I have been working out with my trainer since the end of June, and I feel stronger than I ever have before. So you would think that I would be feeling confident and ready for my clinic appointment coming up this Wednesday. Right?

Wrong. I am apprehensive going into my appointment due to the fact that I have been congested so long. Once the weather began turning, it was like my lungs and nose decided to stop functioning the way they should. I keep reminding myself that it doesn't really matter what the numbers say... What really matters, is how I feel. The problem is, I really do care what the numbers are, because I have been working so hard to improve them. Even though I'm feeling pretty great, and I am able to do things in the gym that I never even imagined myself doing, I can't help but feel frustrated by the idea of not seeing improvement in my lung function.

As there is nothing more I can do about this issue, I will just pray about it and try to have positive thoughts. Only two more days to worry about this. And more importantly, only 24 more days until I reach my goal of being 100% compliant for a full year! Now that is something to look forward to! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment