Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April Already?

I cannot believe that it's already April! 2012 is going by fast, and my goal of writing more blog posts has gotten away from me a little. Things have been crazy busy lately. I am still looking for a teaching job, but I have opened up more options for myself. I'm hopeful that the 2012-2013 school year will be my first year in a classroom. So I have been working on applications and other things involved with finding a job which has been overwhelming, scary, and exciting all at the same time.

I got in my first order of t-shirts, and they look great! I already have 4 more people who want to get a shirt. I have to have a minimum of 12 orders to make another order. If you would like to order one, please let me know. They are $20 each with any extra money going straight to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Once I get everyone's money from the first order, I will be donating a little over $200 thanks to the left over money! So please think about getting a shirt. It really is making a difference, and you get a fun shirt out of it. :)

If you aren't interested in a shirt, you can also just make a donation to the CFF. You can do that by clicking on the link to my donation page. Kayla's Great Strides Page Please do not think that the amount you can afford to donate is too small. There is no such thing. It all adds up and adds tomorrows for those of us who have the disease. The walk is May 12, and I still have quite a ways to go towards my goal.

Happy Wednesday everybody!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with finding a teaching job! I know what a pain it is in this market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is really difficult. I've been looking for 2 years now.... so I'm definitely ready to finally get one.

      Delete
    2. Hi Kayla,
      Thanks for maintaining such an inspiring blog!

      We noticed that you are using an outdated Donate Life logo. It's wonderful that you are promoting the importance of being an organ donor, but we would love to give you the newest, shiniest version of our logo.

      Please email me and I'll send you a few! brevercomb@donatelife.net

      Best Regards,
      Donate Life America

      Delete