Sunday, July 31, 2011

Long Overdue

Wow... I guess it has been awhile since I last posted on my blog. Things have been really busy lately. I got married, we moved, and the job search has continued. We are finally getting settled into our new place, and things are starting to slow down. I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and I really didn't have high hopes for my lung function numbers. The weather in Tennessee has been awful lately. The air is hot, humid, and thick making it very difficult to do anything outside. We have hit above 100 degrees multiple times in the last few weeks, and we have had quite a few air quality alerts. Taking all of that into account, I figured my numbers would be down slightly, but they were actually up a tiny bit! I'll take it! :) I'm hoping the weather gets better and more bearable soon so that I can begin working out again. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

I have a theory that our beach trip the week before had something to do with those numbers being decent. Being in the salty air feels great, and it helps move things around in my lungs. We went with some of Eldon's family, and it was wonderful! The break was much needed.




In other news, I have been really struggling lately with missing my friends. I love all the time I get to spend with Eldon, because he is my best friend and favorite person to hang out with. It has been difficult because most of my close girl friends are not living in the same city as me anymore. I have one in Denver, one moving to Louisiana, one moving to Memphis, one in Kentucky, and one in Knoxville.Oh and I have one that is going to Uganda for a year! I still have a few here, but the numbers are dwindling, so it's been kind of hard to find time to hang out with girls. Right now, it's just a lot of change, but I will get used to being long distance friends. It is just hard right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment